Everything you need to know about Huế02/08/2019
Huế is located on the banks of Song Huong (Perfume River) in the capital of Thua Thien Hue province in Central Vietnam. It is 700km southern Hanoi and 1100km northern Ho Chi Minh City. Hue is a city in central Vietnam that was the capital of Đàng Trong Kingdom from 1738 to 1775 and of the Nguyen Dynasty from 1802 to 1945. Most well-known for its historic values; Hue had been recognized as one of the World Heritage Sites by UNESCO
Nowaday many people come here in particular to check out the ancient tombs of former emperors which are dotted all over the city and provide you with a fascinating insight into Hue in the days of old.
If you are going to visit Hue. Here are the best things to do in Hue…
1. Visit ancient architecture
Hue is former Royal Capital. It is such a disappointment if you miss the historical site in Hue. These attractions you should not miss visit when you are in Hue. They will offer you a unique insight into Vietnamese antiquity.
The most appealing aspect of these sites is the education. You can learn more about how the royal family in an Asian country led their lives and citizens in the old days. All the interactive informative features will keep people interesting for hours.
*** Visit Emperors Tombs
There are several tombs of ancient emperors along the Perfume River such as: Minh Mang Tombs, Khai Dinh tombs, Tu Duc tombs, Dong Khanh Tombs. The tombs mostly date from the 19th and 20th centuries and are carved to tell the stories of Buddhist legends.
If you are not sure which tombs to visit on a trip here then you can take a dedicated guided tour.
*** Visit the Imperial Citadel
The Imperial City (in Vietnamese is Hoàng thành) is a walled enclosure within the citadel (Kinh thành) of the city of Huế, the former imperial capital of Vietnam. Visiting Imperial Citadel and walking around you can admire the moats, carved carved gates and royal pavilions, and there are also a clutch of engaging museums on the grounds.
2. Admire the Thien Mu Pagoda
Thien Mu Pagoda sits overlooking the Perfume River. It is well known in Vietnam. It is the symbol of Hue which dates from the 17th century. From Pagoda you can take in beautiful views over the city from this spot. The pagoda is the perfect combination of artificial architectural work and picturesque nature.
3. Walk along the Perfume River
The Perfume River is one of the famous place in Hue. Walking along the banks of the river in the evening, you will admire the peaceful of Hue.
4. Local Cuisine
The cuisine of Hue is the famous and have some of the best food in Vietnam. The fusion food results from the combination of royal and local dishes.
When it comes to royal foods, it’s the beautifully decorated dishes which are made from high quality ingredients. These foods were used to serve the royal family. In terms of local foods, the possibilities are endless.
The popular food is bánh nậm, bánh bột lọc, bún bò huế,… Many restaurants in Hue serve these traditional style. You can enjoy a meal that unfolds over multiple courses. It is value for money.
5. The beaches
– Thuan An Beach is located 14 km from center. Thuan An is a brilliant stretch of white to off-yellow sand, ideal for a swim in the sea.
– Lang Co Beach is located between Huế and Da Nang. The beach lies at the northern and of Hai Van Pass. . It is long and broad with velvety sand and shocking blue water, and it’s fringed with swaying palms and leafy trees.
6. Soak in the Alba Thanh Tan Hot Springs
The hot springs is located at the foot of the Truong Son Mountains, 30km North of the imperial City. Alba Hot Springs offers the idea setting for a true wellness escape. Bathing in Alba mineral water nourishes and energizes the body. It promotes a feeling of mental and physical wellbeing, helps to eliminate harmful toxins and enhances the overall rejuvenation process.
There are also other quirky activities on offer here such as a high wire and a zip line, or you can play water games in the aqua park.
7. Cycle around the city
Hue is often said to be one of the nicest cities in Vietnam to cycle around.
You will find far less traffic here than in other parts of the country and you can also cycle along the lush banks of the Huong River and visit all the key attractions for which Hue is famous.
You can either just rent a bike and go it alone, or you can also join a dedicated cycling tour with a guide that will take you around Hue or out into the surrounding countryside.
8. Walk across the Thanh Toan Bridge
Thanh Toan Bridge is the famous bridge in Hue. It is about 8 km from Hue city to the east in Thanh Thuy village, Thuy Thanh Commune, Huong Thuy district,. Thanh Toan Bridge known as Thanh Toan tile roofed bridge. Thanh Toan tile covered bridge is classified as rare and have high artistic value in types of ancient bridges in Vietnam.
When is the best time to visit Hue?
The good time to visit Hue is January and May. However these months are more rains. The temperature and humidity are still at the comfortable level for tourists.
– The months are spring season from February to April: The best time to visit Hue.
– These months are is perfect for all activities in Hue. The temperature is around 22 degrees. It is comfortable to visit the city.
– The months January and May are also good time for visiting Hue. However it is more rains in these two months. Although the rains are frequently. The temperature and humidity are still at the comfortable level for tourists.
– The months June and July are summer of the year. The weather is hot. The temperature of 30 degrees. It is uncomfortable for tourists. However tourists will enjoy the deep blue sky.
– The months August to December are rainy season. Not recommended to visit in these months. The month of August is the high season for domestic travel. The months from September to December are rainy season. The rains are frequently.